Thursday, July 16, 2015

superposition theorem

The superposition theorem for electrical circuits states that for a linear system the response (voltage or current) in any branch of a bilateral linear circuit having more than one independent source equals the algebraic sum of the responses caused by each independent source acting alone, where all the other independent sources are replaced by their internal impedances

the contribution of each individual source, all of the other sources first must be set to zero by

       superposition 1
Suppose there are two voltage source s V1 and V2 acting simultaneously on the circuit. Because of these two voltage sources, say current I flows through the resistance R.Now replace V2 by short circuit, keeping V1 at its position and measure current through the resistance, R. Say it is I1.Then replace, V1 by short circuit, reconnect V2 to its original position and measure current through the same resistance R and say it is I2.Now if we add these two currents, I1 and I2 we will get the current which is equal to the current - was actually flowing through R, when both voltage source s V1 and V2 were acting on the circuit simultaneously. That is I1 + I2 = I.

No comments:

Post a Comment